[Below is the content of my email of Sunday March 15, 2020 in case you missed it.]
Because of the measures the government is taking to slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) I have no choice but to temporarily close the yogaschool as of tomorrow (Monday March 16) until Monday April 6, 2020.
Wow, I can’t believe I just wrote that sentence.
I know that this is necessary under the current circumstances to slow down the spread of the virus. And it feels like I am letting you all down.
Because now more than ever, you need to keep your mind right, you need to keep moving, you need to keep sweating.
I touched on offering virtual classes in my previous email. So here is what I have planned for now.
- I am making a library of pre-recorded classes for our unlimited members (those of you who have an unlimited membership that autorenews monthly). Please stay tuned for another email on this while I work out the details in the next few days.
- And, available for everyone, we will be offering LIVE online classes via Zoom. You sign up just like normal through our website or the FitManager App, and 5 minutes before class you will be e-mailed a Zoom link to join the class. You can use your regular membership or Intro Program or 10 class card for these classes.
- Please bare with me as I am working on some other options as well.
What should you do to participate?
- Download Zoom. It’s free and you can use it on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Sign up for your first virtual class with me (Bettine) on Tuesday March 17 from 10:00 - 11:00am (60 MIN).
- Optional: grab yourself a space heater and a humidifier for your home practice!
We have a class capacity of 100 people for each class via Zoom (yay!). Sign up at least 10 minutes before class begins in order to receive your Zoom link.
(Please note: there will be no live virtual classes offered tomorrow (Monday). We will be using this time to make sure all technology is working, to work out any last kinks, and to make the rest of the week’s schedule. Also, to take a breath).
I want to be very transparent in regards to your current membership/ class card:
Your memberships and class cards will be what you use to access the Zoom classes which we will have every day that the physical yoga school is not open.
Your membership and class cards is what keeps our yoga school going. It’s what helps pay my incredible teachers, buys our supplies, and pays our rent.
I want to be here now AND on the other side of this whole thing so I and my team can continue to serve you and support you by giving you the tools to live your best life.
And with your help we will be able to do this.
If it’s possible for you, use your membership or class card during this time to access our live classes to help keep you healthy, strong, sane, and resilient.
If you decide otherwise and you need to change the status of you membership at this time: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We will continue to update you in regards to re-opening.
Expect more communication from us in the coming days about our Zoom schedule. And please tune in to Facebook tomorrow (Monday March 16) at 2:00pm as I go Live on our Bikram Yoga Haarlem Facebook page to answer any questions and give you any updates.
Many of you have reached out with sentiments of support over email and social media. Thank you.
We want you to know that we are here for you and will go to great lengths to make sure you have the yoga, and the support you need in these challenging times and always.
I look forward to seeing you all (online) soon. Take care of yourself, take care of each other.
With love and gratitude, Bettine (owner & founder of Bikram Yoga Haarlem)