We want to do everything we can to help you stay healthy, in shape, and stress free throughout these challenging times. Your health and safety continue to be our top priority as always. Especially now, we want to help you continue your yoga practice (as far as allowed under the current government measures as they apply from November 5 through November 18).
What can we offer you (in addition to our LIVE online yoga classes via Zoom)?
As you know, under the temporary lockdown, we are not allowed to offer group classes (from November 5 - 18).
We are allowed to open our hot room for you to come and practice (self practice) during our Open Practice Time!
What is Open Practice Time?
- Time for you in the hot room to practice bikram-method yoga as a self practice. NOT as a group class.
- An opportunity to explore your practice in a different way at your own pace.
- A chance to enjoy the heat, even if you are just coming to lie down in Savasana.
- An instructor will be present in the room and/or at the front desk to answer questions.
- An overview of the full bikram-method-sequence will be available for you as a reference and a tool to get you started.
- The yoga room is heated like normal (38-40 degrees Celsius).
- Limited space, maximum 17 spaces per time slot.
- Every practice space, and the entire yoga room, is cleaned and disinfected after every time slot following our extensive cleaning protocol. Of course the yoga room (and the entire yoga school) is constantly ventilated during and after each time slot with our specialised heating/ventilation system.
What we require from you when you come for Open Practice Time
- You use your valid Membership or Strippenkaart to book Open Practice time slots.
- Practice either the full bikram-method-sequence or a part of the bikram-method sequence.
- In order to keep things clear and safe, and to make sure all the Open Practice Time is used as intended (for you to practice bikram-method-yoga in our hot room as a self-practice), no other sequences, yoga postures, or excercises are allowed for Open Practice Time.
- Practice by yourself. Practicing together (working as a group) within the time slots for Open Practice Time is NOT allowed.
- Wear a face mask at all times when, except when practicing on your yoga mat. Please bring your own face mask (disposable face masks for sale at front desk cost 5(!!!) euros). You cannot participate in Open Practice Time without a face mask.
- Use your time slot efficiently:
- Doors open exactly at the beginning of a time slot. You cannot come in earlier.
- Doors close exactly at the end of a time slot. You cannot leave later.
- You can enter at any time during your booked time slot. You must clear your space in the hot room and be ready to step outside at the end of you time slot.
- We recommend when booking a 90 minute time slot, you plan on a 75 minute effective practice (this way you have 15 minutes to use for setting up, taking Savasana at the end of your practice, clear you space and go outside).
- We recommend when booking a 75 minute time slot, you plan on a 60 minute effective practice (this way you have 15 minutes to use for setting up, taking Savasana at the end of your practice, clear you space and go outside).
- Our staff will keep track of time during the time slot and let you know when there is 15 minutes left (time to start closing your practice and take Savasana) and then 5 minutes left (time to get ready to leave and clear your space).
- Follow our COVID-19 regulations (as you are used to by now):
- Keep your distance (1.5 meters) from all other practitioners and our staff at all times.
- Wear a face mask upon entering the yoga school and only remove your face mask when you are practicing on your yoga mat in the hot room.
- Disinfect your hands upon entering the yoga school and when you leave the yoga school.
- Keep ALL your belongings (except your shoes) with you in a bag (shopper) which is placed next to your yoga mat in the hot room. Bring as little as possible.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have knowingly come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, stay home and practice with us (LIVE) online or via our on demand Members Library.
I hope I will see you either for Open Practice Time or LIVE online in the next week and a half. And of course from Thursday November 19 onwards for our in-studio group classes!
See you soon! Namasté, Bettine
Bettine Meijer, founder and owner of BYH