At last! We are allowed to open "in-studio" per Wednesday July 1!
Things are going to look a little different (as most things do these days) so please take a moment to read the information below.
As always the health, well-being and safety of our community, for both students and teachers, is our highest priority. We want you to feel safe, secure and trust us when returning to the studio. Therefore we are/have been working hard on how this will look when we re-open. This is of course fully in line with the guidelines, restrictions and allowances that the government and the RIVM have set for us. We will strictly follow all regulations set forth by the government and the RIVM, and go above and beyond where we can.
How is this going to work?
- We have spent numerous hours spacing out the yoga room so that at minimum you will be 1.5 meters from your fellow students (and from the teacher) at all times.
- We have upgraded our (already extensive) cleaning protocol to make sure the yoga room, all surfaces, etc. are cleaned and disinfected prior to and after each class.
- Our heating and circulation system is (and always has been) a system that maintains continuous fresh air flow, the air in the yoga room is never stagnant. Meaning the system does not circulate "old air" but instead continuously pulls in fresh air from outside (which is then heated and transported to the yoga room).
- All participants to our classes and our teachers are required disinfect hands upon entering the yoga school.
- We will require everyone to maintain 1.5 meter distance from each other both inside the yoga school and while waiting in line outside of the yoga school. - Spaces will be clearly marked both in and outside the yoga school.
Capacity and registration
- Just like the government has created phases for re-opening businesses, the yoga school will have phases as well. In our first phase, in-studio classes will be available to our MEMBERS ONLY (active monthly renewing membership).
- If you are currently on a 10 class card (with credits remaining) and you would like to take in-studio classes in this first phase of re-opening please mail to email@example.com (Subject: Options with 10 class cards credits remaining) so we can tell you about the options.
- If your membership is currently on hold (paused) or was transitioned to a Virtual Membership: Your REGULAR membership will automatically be set to reactivate per July 1, which means you will be able to book in-studio classes in Fitmanager from July 1 onwards. (And of course you will also be able to continue with our LIVE virtual classes with full access to our Members Library, and our Outside classes).
- The maximum class capacity for our in-studio classes will be 18 spaces. We will have the mat spaces outlined and clearly numbered (1-18) on the floor.
- Pre-registration and pre-paying are required to attend class. This means you must sign up and have an active monthly membership before coming to the yoga school.
- The doors will open 15 minutes before class time and close 15 minutes after class.
- No i-Pad sign in, you just stop by the desk, tell us your name, we confirm that you have pre-registered and are on our registration list, and we’ll check you in!
- Please arrive between 15 and 5 minutes before class starts.
- Class will start exactly on time. Unfortunately we will not be able to safely get you set up if you arrive later than 5 minutes to the start of class. This means you will not be able to take class.
- Changing rooms and showers will remain closed.
- We will not rent out yoga mats or yoga towels.
- We will have mats, yoga towels, water and coconut water for sale at the front desk.
- Only PIN or "contactloos" payments will be accepted. No cash payments will be accepted.
- Arrive at the yoga school with your yoga clothes on or under your "street clothes".
- Bring a "shopper-bag": All your belongings will be kept with you near your mat in the yoga room in the bag you bring.
- You are required to bring your own mat and yoga towel, plus one extra towel to towel off/dry off after class.
- Aside from your yoga mat and towels bring as little as possible. We recommend you leave your phone at home. If you must bring it, make sure it is completely turned off (not just muted or on airplane mode) during class, and it must be kept inside the bag that you bring.
- When you come to take class we will direct you to a specific (numbered) spot in the yoga room.
- At the end of class, the teacher will tell you when and how to exit the yoga room the yoga school one by one and maintain social distancing (much like how you board and de-board airplanes).
- There will be limited use of toilets.
- We will have a 12 hour cancellation window, meaning if you register for a class and then realize you cannot attend, please cancel within 2 hours of the start time of that class.
- A EUR 25 late cancel/no show fee will be charged to your account if you miss class or late-cancel. Not my favorite measure and I hope I won’t need to enforce it because you will all cancel your registrations when you need to and on time so others can take your spot :-).
- If you are at all sick or knowingly have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19, please stay home and practice Online.
- If you’re not quite ready to come back yet, that’s totally fine!!! We’ll be keeping our online classes going strong both live and on demand via the Members Library. (As well as our Outside classes, weather permitting).
We are currently finalizing our class schedule, and this will come in phases as well. We will begin with with fewer in-studio classes and then add more to the schedule based on demand.
Phase 1 of our schedule will be in our online registration system (Fitmanager) in the next few days.
I cannot thank you enough for your support these last few months. Every email, every message, and every smile we see on the Zoom classes (or outside on the field) have meant the world to me and my team.
A special thanks to you if you chose to continue your membership throughout this time. You are a rockstar. Please know that your membership has made a huge difference to the continuation of BYH.
I miss you all, and I hope that you’re continuing to move, sweat, and thrive.
I strongly believe that the skills you built up with your yoga practice both in our yoga room, and at home over the past months has been helping you through this unprecedented time.
So keep showing up on your mat, wherever it is, and keep sweating.
Warmly, Bettine & BYH Team