We are allowed to stay open "in-studio"!
We are categorised under "individual sports" for which groups of maximum 30 people at 1.5 meter distance are allowed in one space.
(Our in-studio classes are 18 students maximum at > 1.5 meter distance). Click here for the relevant government measures (under "Sport en spel").
As always the health, well-being and safety of our community, for both students and teachers, is our highest priority. We want you to feel safe, secure and trust us when you come to take class with us in-studio.
We take the COVID-19 government measures very seriously. The measures we have taken inside the yoga school and the protocols we follow are fully in line with the guidelines, restrictions and allowances that the government and the RIVM have set for us. We will strictly follow all regulations set forth by the government and the RIVM, and go above and beyond where we can.
What’s new for you?
- Starting tomorrow, Thursday October 15 (following the new government measures), we require that you wear a face mask upon entering the yoga school. You are required to keep the mask on until you are in your (assigned) space on your yoga mat inside the yoga room. If for any reason you need to leave the yoga room, you must put the face mask back on.
What we continue to do
- As most of you know and have experienced when taking our in-studio classes we have spaced out the yoga room so that at minimum you will be 1.5 meters from your fellow students (and from the teacher) at all times.
- All participants to our classes and our teachers are required disinfect hands upon entering the yoga school.
- We take your temperature using a forehead thermometer when you come to take class. If your temperature is above 37.5 degrees Celsius, we are not allowed to let you participate in our classes.
- We will require everyone to maintain 1.5 meter distance from each other both inside the yoga school and while waiting in line outside of the yoga school. Spaces will be clearly marked both in and outside the yoga school.
- We have upgraded our (already extensive) cleaning protocol to make sure the yoga room, all surfaces, etc. are cleaned and disinfected prior to and after each class.
- Our heating and circulation system is (and always has been) a system that maintains continuous fresh air flow, the air in the yoga room is never stagnant. Meaning the system does not circulate "old air" but instead continuously pulls in fresh air from outside (which is then heated and transported to the yoga room).
Capacity and registration
- The maximum class capacity for our in-studio classes will be 18 spaces. We will have the mat spaces outlined and clearly numbered (1-18) on the floor.
- Pre-registration and pre-paying are required to attend class. This means you must sign up and have an active monthly membership before coming to the yoga school.
- The doors will open 15 minutes before the start time and close 15 minutes after class.
- Please arrive within 15 - 5 minutes before class starts.
- Class will start exactly on time. Unfortunately we will not be able to safely get you set up if you arrive later than 5 minutes to the start of class. This means you will not be able to take class.
- IMPORTANT: There is a 12 hours cancellation window for all in-studio classes. Please read full policy below.*
- Keep in mind: By late-cancelling your booked classes or not showing up for booked classes you are taking away someone else’s opportunity to practice in-studio.
- We are currently not allowed to open our changing rooms and showers. When we are allowed to open the changing rooms and showers again we will of course do so immediately and let you know.
- In the meantime I did come across this great solution: A changing robe (see picture below). We have them in stock at the front desk (in dark grey). Click here to order (once you have ordered, we will reserve one for you and have it ready for you at our front desk).
- We are not allowed to rent out yoga mats or yoga towels.
- We will have mats, yoga towels, water and coconut water for sale at the front desk.
- Only PIN or "contactloos" payments. We are not allowed to accept cash payments.
- Arrive at the yoga school with your yoga clothes on or under your "street clothes".
- Bring a "shopper-bag": All your belongings will be kept with you near your mat in the yoga room in the bag you bring.
- You are required to bring your own mat and yoga towel, plus one extra towel to towel off/dry off after class.
- Aside from your yoga mat and towels bring as little as possible. We recommend you leave your phone at home. If you must bring it, make sure it is completely turned off (not just muted or on airplane mode) during class, and it must be kept inside the bag that you bring.
- When you come to take class we will direct you to a specific (numbered) spot in the yoga room.
- At the end of class, the teacher will tell you when and how to exit the yoga room the yoga school one by one and maintain social distancing (much like how you board and de-board airplanes).
- If you are at all sick or knowingly have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19, please stay home and practice Online.
*About our 12 Hour cancellation window and the late cancel/no show fee
- Our current maximum capacity is limited to 18 spaces per class following the government regulations for social distancing.
- We want as many students as possible to be able to take our classes and make full use of our maximum capacity.
- A shorter cancellation window does not give waitlisted students enough time to take advantage of the space that became available.
- You can cancel you booking for class up to 12 hours prior to the start time of the class at no charge.
- If you cancel within 12 hours of the start time of the class you will be charged a late cancel/no show fee of 25 euros (!) or lose your credit (if on a Strippenkaart).
- If the class for which you late cancelled gets fully booked, we will of course waive the fee.
If you have any further questions please consult our list of FAQ on the website.
Thank you all for your continued enthusiasm, inspiration, and support.
Thank you for showing up.
Thank you for sharing yoga.
Thank you for adding to the magic that is BYH.
See you soon! Warmly, Bettine
Bettine Meijer, founder & owner of BYH